That age old question, “Well, did you learn your lesson this time?” Usually the answer is no. I can’t speak for anyone else because there is enough of that going on these days, but I can speak for myself and the answer to that question is usually, “Um, no.” And it isn’t because I didn’t want to learn a lesson, it’s just because, well …. I’m insane.
They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results, so it’s official, I must be insane.
I look back at situations in my life and can see myself literally doing the carbon copy of something every single time, and then through tears wondering how it could have messed up AGAIN. Well, sweet darling Krystal, you need to try a new approach.
Let’s be honest though, old habits die hard and a new approach sounds … well, kinda scary. Because how do you do something you’ve never done before?
You just do it!
You look at the previous 100 times it didn’t work and you try something new. And instead of trying something new months into already doing the old thing, how about being aware enough to try something new from day one? This is mind blowing stuff, you guys. Really groundbreaking.
Why are the most obvious answers the hardest to do? You’d think this would be easy. It’s ain’t.
But doggonit, I’m trying! I’m doing it better. I’m doing me better. I’m doing it differently, and if it fails again I’ll try again with another approach. Trying new things and failing isn’t total failure. I am not a failure.
I was not made in the image of God to sit in a safe bubble. I was not placed here to be mediocre. I might not save the world or do anything worth being in the newspaper (wait, I already was in the newspaper - scratch that). I am put here to live the best life I can possibly live and look more like Jesus every single day.
So, today. I’m taking a new approach. New thoughts. New responses. New new new. And if I fail? So what? I’m still me and this life is still really amazing.
Pick yourself up. Dust yourself off, and start all over again.
Comments
Post a Comment