The best thing about a blog or prayer journal or anything that documents life as it happens, is that you can look back and see what the Lord has already done. I've spent some time over the last couple of weeks walking through my old blog posts and/or prayer journals, and have been trying to absorb the life that I have lived and the things the Lord has brought me through and continues to bring me through. In my looking back, I am able to see the way the Lord has answered the prayers I wasn't even aware that He answered. Yes, some of the things are evident, but many of the most poignant were not.
Often times when we are in the middle of something difficult we forget what He has already done. If we are not careful to remember these things we lose perspective and we have tunnel vision. We lose our hope, our faith, and our ability to see clearly. Those past experiences with the Lord are the breadcrumbs that lead us back to His arms and into the presence of real faith.
Look, I'm just me, with my own opinions and thoughts so nothing I say needs to be made into an Instagram quote or anything, but right now in my life I am learning that faith isn't just cultivated in the answers to the prayers, but in the waiting. The authority of the Lord promises His perfect outpouring. Sometimes that outpouring is found in the waiting. I hope that my faith will be made stronger in the waiting and that I can open my eyes wide enough to see the prayers He is answering.
Almost 10 years ago to the date I walked through the darkest moments of my life. I didn't document it in real time because it was really uncomfortable. Even thinking about it now makes my heart sink with sadness. When I look back at my thoughts during that time I realize how focused I was on what the Lord wasn't doing. He wasn't answering my prayers in my time. I felt abandoned and alone. He wasn't giving me what I wanted right then. I never thought to look at what He was doing. I never thought to look at what He had already done. I refuse to repeat that cycle. It's not even an option to repeat that cycle. Even just this realization and revisitation of that time is an answer to prayer. I can now walk through uncomfortable things with a new perspective to never go back. See what I mean? He is ALWAYS working.
So, today I choose to look back and see what He has already done and what He is continuing to do in my life, in my friend's lives, around my town, and around the world. There is good news. He is alive. I am choosing to feed myself with the goodness of the Lord. As I wait on what I am praying for and for how He will ultimately answer those prayers (because He will!), I feast on the goodness of what He has already done in my life and what is to come. I bring my honest petitions to Him. My honest and raw emotions, knowing that He has, He is, and He will.
May my heart be drawn only to Him during this time, and may my life be an honest reflection of who He is. I hope I can bring light to the darkness instead of the other way around.
So, what has He already done in your life that you need to remember today? If you follow the breadcrumbs where does it lead you back to? I hope it leads you back to a place of faith. I hope it leads you back to the immeasurable possibilities and promises of our sweet Savior.
Often times when we are in the middle of something difficult we forget what He has already done. If we are not careful to remember these things we lose perspective and we have tunnel vision. We lose our hope, our faith, and our ability to see clearly. Those past experiences with the Lord are the breadcrumbs that lead us back to His arms and into the presence of real faith.
Look, I'm just me, with my own opinions and thoughts so nothing I say needs to be made into an Instagram quote or anything, but right now in my life I am learning that faith isn't just cultivated in the answers to the prayers, but in the waiting. The authority of the Lord promises His perfect outpouring. Sometimes that outpouring is found in the waiting. I hope that my faith will be made stronger in the waiting and that I can open my eyes wide enough to see the prayers He is answering.
Almost 10 years ago to the date I walked through the darkest moments of my life. I didn't document it in real time because it was really uncomfortable. Even thinking about it now makes my heart sink with sadness. When I look back at my thoughts during that time I realize how focused I was on what the Lord wasn't doing. He wasn't answering my prayers in my time. I felt abandoned and alone. He wasn't giving me what I wanted right then. I never thought to look at what He was doing. I never thought to look at what He had already done. I refuse to repeat that cycle. It's not even an option to repeat that cycle. Even just this realization and revisitation of that time is an answer to prayer. I can now walk through uncomfortable things with a new perspective to never go back. See what I mean? He is ALWAYS working.
So, today I choose to look back and see what He has already done and what He is continuing to do in my life, in my friend's lives, around my town, and around the world. There is good news. He is alive. I am choosing to feed myself with the goodness of the Lord. As I wait on what I am praying for and for how He will ultimately answer those prayers (because He will!), I feast on the goodness of what He has already done in my life and what is to come. I bring my honest petitions to Him. My honest and raw emotions, knowing that He has, He is, and He will.
May my heart be drawn only to Him during this time, and may my life be an honest reflection of who He is. I hope I can bring light to the darkness instead of the other way around.
So, what has He already done in your life that you need to remember today? If you follow the breadcrumbs where does it lead you back to? I hope it leads you back to a place of faith. I hope it leads you back to the immeasurable possibilities and promises of our sweet Savior.

Comments
Post a Comment