Yesterday I stood in the choir loft at church and was quite literally
surrounded by miracles. Miracles that I, and so many others, had prayed for. I
often get so caught up in my own pleading with the Lord about my own small
issues that I forget to look around at all of the miracles around me. But
yesterday, as if the Lord was being very obvious with me (which feels like a miracle in
itself), I could actually see the miracles with my own two eyes.
I stood there with so much happiness in my heart because I could see the
tears of joy from the eyes of the people who had been given their miracles. The
literal cries of their hearts had been answered. The hurt and the questions and
the why’s and the when’s and the how’s had finally been answered. I often feel
like my own prayers fall so flat, but when I see the miracles in the flesh, I
understand how wrong I am. We are heard. We are loved. We will be answered.
The Lord can and the Lord will.
I had a moment yesterday where I thought, “Lord, if you answer no other
prayers I ever selfishly pray, thank you for answering the prayers of these sweet
people. If all of the joy and happiness you have promises me can just be transferred
to them, I am fine with that. That is all I want.”
I rarely have these selfless moments. I am a “me monster” most of the
time. Sure, I think of others a lot, but I rarely am willing to give up my
wants, needs, and desires for others. But I know what it’s like to long for
something so much until it hurts. What it's like to cry until you are sick. What it’s like to need to physically
see the Lord do something. And I know what it’s like to be able to rest and
rejoice when he has very clearly answered you. And honestly, I am willing to
give up ever feeling that way again to see others feel that way.
So I sat yesterday afternoon for a long time and just relished the miracles and praised the Lord for who is always has been.
These miracles honestly have no effect on my life other than just the joy of
seeing others happy, and they give me a chance to worship the Lord with a different feeling in my heart.
The best part though, while I was looking out into the crowd and
rejoiced with those who were rejoicing, I too got to sneak a glance at my own miracle
standing in front of me with those pretty blue eyes. So you see, even thought I think I'm willing to, I don’t have
to give up all of my own miracles for others. The Lord provides for each of us, in our own special ways, in his own perfect timing.
May we open our eyes and our hearts wide enough to see the miracles that
are happening around us daily. Because, my sweet friends, they are happening in
very obvious and wonderful ways every place we look.
Comments
Post a Comment