I just surpassed the 4 month mark of moving, and I'm beginning to get more questions about how things are going since the move. Most of you don't ask me that on a daily basis but might be curious yourselves, so I thought I'd just fill you in a little bit.
Life in Starkville is great. Truly great.
The first few months were no less great, but emotionally for me I just hadn't caught up with myself. I didn't really feel like the best version of me for some reason. I don't have an answer as to why. My surroundings were/are perfect I just felt like a fish out of water for some reason.
I moved into a beautiful, wonderful, fantastic condo that my sister and brother-in-law own. They so graciously are letting me live there and take care of the place. It's so beautiful that I'm grateful they trust me with it. Most of the furnishings are theirs but I brought a few key pieces to make it home. It's taken me a little longer to nest here than usual, but everyday it becomes more and more like my own home. When they come up to visit for ballgames I go home and sleep at mom and dad's house. I sleep like a baby there and love my folks so stinkin' much that I'm happy to go as often as needed. :)
I moved my membership back to First Baptist and have found a wonderful Sunday School of ladies that are sweet and kind and in all different stages of life. It's an encouraging place filled with very big hearts. I've also joined the choir. I really enjoy it no matter how terrible I feel like I am at it most of the time. We laugh a lot and enjoy each other's company and that's what it's all about.
In my life I've had some of the coolest and greatest jobs under the sun. I mean I have famous friends and go to concerts and NASCAR races and I have made some of the most precious friends ever at my previous jobs. I have had wonderful bosses and environments and I can't complain one bit. What I have learned in previous jobs have no doubt gotten me to where I am now. But y'all, this job is something different, because it IS different. It's quiet and low/no stress, but it's just as important and challenging as anything I've ever done. It's blue jeans and t-shirts and smiles and hugs and compliments out the wazoo. It's people being grateful for you and showing you often. It's family here at State. And it took me awhile to adjust. I had to learn how to work efficiently and effectively with no stress fueling me. It took a couple of months but now ... this is the life y'all!
Friends ... I actually just paused and looked at the keyboard before I typed this because I didn't know how to say it. I always hate the topic of friends, because I don't want people to get the wrong idea, but the truth is I haven't really made many (if any) yet. Yes, I have darling wonderful people at work and at church, but I haven't found people I hang out with yet and tell my feelings to. And that's ok. I'm picky about who I choose to spend my time with and I'm ok waiting for the right friends. Quality over quantity. I have NO problem sitting in my beautiful home watching TV with the window open listening to the sounds of this sweet small town by myself for now. It's just for now. I know that.
When I moved I kept saying, "I want my Stars Hollow" and in time I truly believe it will become that. I'm still new here. I'm still figuring out where stores are and what the fastest way to get to Wal-Mart is. I honestly still haven't eaten out more than 5 times. I'm in no rush. I'm ready for everything to continue to fall into place, but there is no need to rush anything.
A few other facts:
It only takes me 4 minutes to get to work
I only fill up my gas tank once a month
No, I haven't eaten at Lost Pizza
Seeing my mom and dad 2-3 times a week is a dream. Man I love them.
I plan to hit up Starkvegas Snowballs sometime very soon. Summer is almost here!
I have bought more things on Amazon in the last 4 months than I have in my life
College students cannot drive
I have started running again and Starkville is awesome for it!
On the daily I say out loud to myself, "I love this town!"
I'm happy, and every single day I am stronger and more confident and more grateful that the Lord had it planned for me to back here.
Thanks to all of you for the prayers and the thoughts and the encouragement. It all sounds so cliche but it all makes a difference and means the world.
So that's how things are going.
Life in Starkville is great. Truly great.
The first few months were no less great, but emotionally for me I just hadn't caught up with myself. I didn't really feel like the best version of me for some reason. I don't have an answer as to why. My surroundings were/are perfect I just felt like a fish out of water for some reason.
I moved into a beautiful, wonderful, fantastic condo that my sister and brother-in-law own. They so graciously are letting me live there and take care of the place. It's so beautiful that I'm grateful they trust me with it. Most of the furnishings are theirs but I brought a few key pieces to make it home. It's taken me a little longer to nest here than usual, but everyday it becomes more and more like my own home. When they come up to visit for ballgames I go home and sleep at mom and dad's house. I sleep like a baby there and love my folks so stinkin' much that I'm happy to go as often as needed. :)
I moved my membership back to First Baptist and have found a wonderful Sunday School of ladies that are sweet and kind and in all different stages of life. It's an encouraging place filled with very big hearts. I've also joined the choir. I really enjoy it no matter how terrible I feel like I am at it most of the time. We laugh a lot and enjoy each other's company and that's what it's all about.
In my life I've had some of the coolest and greatest jobs under the sun. I mean I have famous friends and go to concerts and NASCAR races and I have made some of the most precious friends ever at my previous jobs. I have had wonderful bosses and environments and I can't complain one bit. What I have learned in previous jobs have no doubt gotten me to where I am now. But y'all, this job is something different, because it IS different. It's quiet and low/no stress, but it's just as important and challenging as anything I've ever done. It's blue jeans and t-shirts and smiles and hugs and compliments out the wazoo. It's people being grateful for you and showing you often. It's family here at State. And it took me awhile to adjust. I had to learn how to work efficiently and effectively with no stress fueling me. It took a couple of months but now ... this is the life y'all!
Friends ... I actually just paused and looked at the keyboard before I typed this because I didn't know how to say it. I always hate the topic of friends, because I don't want people to get the wrong idea, but the truth is I haven't really made many (if any) yet. Yes, I have darling wonderful people at work and at church, but I haven't found people I hang out with yet and tell my feelings to. And that's ok. I'm picky about who I choose to spend my time with and I'm ok waiting for the right friends. Quality over quantity. I have NO problem sitting in my beautiful home watching TV with the window open listening to the sounds of this sweet small town by myself for now. It's just for now. I know that.
When I moved I kept saying, "I want my Stars Hollow" and in time I truly believe it will become that. I'm still new here. I'm still figuring out where stores are and what the fastest way to get to Wal-Mart is. I honestly still haven't eaten out more than 5 times. I'm in no rush. I'm ready for everything to continue to fall into place, but there is no need to rush anything.
A few other facts:
It only takes me 4 minutes to get to work
I only fill up my gas tank once a month
No, I haven't eaten at Lost Pizza
Seeing my mom and dad 2-3 times a week is a dream. Man I love them.
I plan to hit up Starkvegas Snowballs sometime very soon. Summer is almost here!
I have bought more things on Amazon in the last 4 months than I have in my life
College students cannot drive
I have started running again and Starkville is awesome for it!
On the daily I say out loud to myself, "I love this town!"
I'm happy, and every single day I am stronger and more confident and more grateful that the Lord had it planned for me to back here.
Thanks to all of you for the prayers and the thoughts and the encouragement. It all sounds so cliche but it all makes a difference and means the world.
So that's how things are going.
Comments
Post a Comment