“Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.” Ovid
Tonight it was brought to my attention that I am in a season of rest. Because it is true.
I am in a season of life where I lack nothing. I need nothing that I do not already have. And just for the record I don't have all that much.
I don't live in a huge house or drive a fancy car. I don't have a husband or kids. I don't have an endless bank account or a vacation home. I don't have lots of things that people think of when they think of having things.
But I have my faith, my health, my family, a good job, and friends who love me.
I lack nothing.
This season of rest has come after a season of drought. The rest is welcomed.
Just as a field needs rest to produce a harvest, so do our lives need the same. From the resting comes a harvest. From the joy comes the dancing.
I don't know when I will do the dancing or with whom the dancing will be done, but the dancing will be done and I will be grateful for the rest that proceeded it just as I am thankful for the drought that came before.
I am not anxious for the dancing or even anticipating it; because right now I am resting.
Safe and secure. Loved and accepted.

Comments
Post a Comment