Two Years

Two years. TWO years. Two YEARS!

Where has the time gone? Exactly two years ago I moved to Charlotte from Nashville. On my own. Literally. 

And it's funny because it feels like I've been here no time and yet it feels like I've been here forever. The flawlessness of the move still has me shaking my head. I know without a doubt finding my way here was totally of the Lord.

Something I pray for with great sincerity every single day is that the Lord would help me discern my will from His will so that I can know the path He wants for me. Not just the path that I want for myself. Sometimes it is obvious and sometimes it isn't. Moving here was one of those obvious moments. 

I chased a dream here and found so much more. It feels like I have lived a lifetime here. It is almost like I was a infant when I moved here and now I am a full grown adult. In two small years I have grown more than I ever thought possible. I've had such great joy here and also such strong heartbreak. I've been pleased with myself and also despised myself at times. That's life and life follows you no matter where you go.

It's easy to say this and not mean it, but the truth is that I have found myself here. I've put myself in situations I didn't always want to in order to stretch and grow. I have discovered parts of my heart that were either hidden or I didn't even know existed in the first place. I have found a soul that loves the Lord above any pleasure of this earth. I have discovered a women in the mirror that I truly and sincerely love and adore. I have realized that I am someone I want to spend time with. Being alone isn't lonely anymore. 

I am living my life in this zip code in the manner in which I hope and pray is pleasing to the Lord. I am so thankful to Him every single second of the day for what He has done in my life here and what He will continue to do. His grace and love have gone beyond anything I could ever imagine.

What more could I ask for right now in my life? Nothing.

Happy Anniversary, Charlotte.

Comments