Every year around this time I can't help but think about this day ... the day between Jesus' crucifixion and his resurrection. It was the one day between two of the most significant moments in history. It was the day when the world waited on something they didn't know they were waiting for. The sadness of the day before forced them to wait cloaked in sorrow. This very day was actually the Sabbath and they were not allowed to do anything but wait.
What agony they must have been going through. What sadness I imagine as they sat together, sang together, and cried together. Some hearts were full of hope while other doubted what had happened the day before and what would happen after. They had lost their Savior and their friend. Can you even imagine?
All they could do was wait and trust.
It made me think that our days are really no different than that day. We all seem to be sitting and waiting for something. No matter who you are or where you live there are a couple of things I always say make us similar, we all poop (Sorry I'm not sorry, It's true. Or at least that's what I tell myself about people I feel have better lives than I do.) and we all are waiting for something. Some of us are waiting on big things and some of us are waiting on small things, but we are all waiting for something.
I'll be honest, I'm waiting on something big. Every day of my life I am waiting. But today as I sit and wait I am reminded that the waiting is worth it. Everything might seem totally upside down right now. I might feel like I have nothing, but there is hope for tomorrow. There is hope in the resurrection of the living Lord.
Today might seem heartbreaking, but tomorrow is when that heartbreak is healed. When your wildest dreams come true. God's plan always trumps our feelings. Always.
So do what you must while you wait. Cry and scream. Beg and plead. Hope and trust. For tomorrow everything changes.
What agony they must have been going through. What sadness I imagine as they sat together, sang together, and cried together. Some hearts were full of hope while other doubted what had happened the day before and what would happen after. They had lost their Savior and their friend. Can you even imagine?
All they could do was wait and trust.
It made me think that our days are really no different than that day. We all seem to be sitting and waiting for something. No matter who you are or where you live there are a couple of things I always say make us similar, we all poop (Sorry I'm not sorry, It's true. Or at least that's what I tell myself about people I feel have better lives than I do.) and we all are waiting for something. Some of us are waiting on big things and some of us are waiting on small things, but we are all waiting for something.
I'll be honest, I'm waiting on something big. Every day of my life I am waiting. But today as I sit and wait I am reminded that the waiting is worth it. Everything might seem totally upside down right now. I might feel like I have nothing, but there is hope for tomorrow. There is hope in the resurrection of the living Lord.
Today might seem heartbreaking, but tomorrow is when that heartbreak is healed. When your wildest dreams come true. God's plan always trumps our feelings. Always.
So do what you must while you wait. Cry and scream. Beg and plead. Hope and trust. For tomorrow everything changes.
Comments
Post a Comment