Peaks and valleys. Ups and downs. Highs and lows. That's life, and that's been my year.
This year, my darling friends, has been so rich and full but also so empty and sad at times as well. Which in my opinion is the best way to live life. Full of everything.
The last 4 months have been so rewarding and fruitful. It all began with some heartache and has ended up in a place that I can honestly say I've never been before and it's wonderful. The things the Lord is doing in my life (or should I say the things I'm finally allowing him to do in my life) are blowing my little mind. There are seriously so many things I can hardly contain it all.
A lot of changes happened this year. Some of my dearest friends left my life and new ones have entered. I've started working on my physical body in a more intense way and it seems to be working. I've said some things I didn't mean and I've said some things I absolutely did mean. I've done some things I'm not proud of, but mostly I've done things I HAVE been proud of.
This year ... I fell in love. I fell in love with myself. Not with what I look like or what I do for a living, but with me and with my heart and with what I have to offer other people. For the last 32 years I thought loving myself meant loving what I looked like. I was really wrong.
I am loved, accepted, worthy, and significant because the Lord has stamped that on my heart. And that is worth so much to me. That is what I will remember the most about 32. Not the cute boy who liked me or the 135 lbs I squatted at the gym. But that I gave myself permission to love myself for exactly who I am. For exactly who God made me to me. Quirks and all.
I read something yesterday that made me literally say out loud, "YES! This! This!" because this sums up what has transformed in me this year and this transformation will carry me into and continue into 33.
"It's a beautiful moment when somebody wakes up to this reality, when they realize God created them so other people could enjoy them, not just endure them." - Donald Miller (Scary Close)
This year, my darling friends, has been so rich and full but also so empty and sad at times as well. Which in my opinion is the best way to live life. Full of everything.
The last 4 months have been so rewarding and fruitful. It all began with some heartache and has ended up in a place that I can honestly say I've never been before and it's wonderful. The things the Lord is doing in my life (or should I say the things I'm finally allowing him to do in my life) are blowing my little mind. There are seriously so many things I can hardly contain it all.
A lot of changes happened this year. Some of my dearest friends left my life and new ones have entered. I've started working on my physical body in a more intense way and it seems to be working. I've said some things I didn't mean and I've said some things I absolutely did mean. I've done some things I'm not proud of, but mostly I've done things I HAVE been proud of.
This year ... I fell in love. I fell in love with myself. Not with what I look like or what I do for a living, but with me and with my heart and with what I have to offer other people. For the last 32 years I thought loving myself meant loving what I looked like. I was really wrong.
I am loved, accepted, worthy, and significant because the Lord has stamped that on my heart. And that is worth so much to me. That is what I will remember the most about 32. Not the cute boy who liked me or the 135 lbs I squatted at the gym. But that I gave myself permission to love myself for exactly who I am. For exactly who God made me to me. Quirks and all.
I read something yesterday that made me literally say out loud, "YES! This! This!" because this sums up what has transformed in me this year and this transformation will carry me into and continue into 33.
"It's a beautiful moment when somebody wakes up to this reality, when they realize God created them so other people could enjoy them, not just endure them." - Donald Miller (Scary Close)
Comments
Post a Comment