I'm Here!

It’s true. I am here. And right now here is Charlotte.

For those of you who only follow my blog, I now work for NASCAR in Charlotte. Which, from my previous post, you know was my dream. Somehow in a matter of a couple of months my house was sold and I got offered the job of my dreams. This was nothing of my own doing, but only the perfect plan of the Lord.
As I’ve sat and thought about everything since it’s happened, I am amazing at how the Lord’s plan for my life has played out. I think about all the things that had to happen to get me to this place. I see how that most of the heartache in my life actually has, indeed, landed me here. I think about all the nights I cried myself to sleep because I was alone or was single. I wondered then what purpose it had and why it was happening to me. And now I know … because had all of those things I wanted to badly in the moment actually happened … they would have kept me somewhere else – thus keeping me from this place.
Had that little boy I had a crush on in Kosciusko when I was in the third grade actually liked me back and not told me “he would rather lick the bleachers than like me” … I might have stayed in Kosciusko and married my childhood sweetheart. Had the boy I liked in high school actually been what the Lord wanted for me, I probably would have held on to him and married him and gone wherever he wanted to go. Had I never gotten laid off from my job in my 20’s I probably would still be there and I wouldn’t be here.
So you see, it all just works out. There will be hurt and there will be tears and there will be things said to God you wish you’d never said because you are angry. But oh my goodness, my darling friends, there is healing on the other side of that hurt and there are smiles once the tears go away, and there is joy … so much joy … on the other side of it all.

I’m not starting over. The foundation has been laid. I’m just continuing here on the journey that has been laid out for me. I’m going to keep running after my Father with open arms. Will there be hurt and anger and tears again? I’m sure there will be, but in the end I know I’ll be exactly where I am supposed to be.
… and for me that’s all that matters.

I am here. I am happy. I am thankful.

Comments