Out With the Old and In With the Older


About 4 years ago I started writing a few thoughts about the past year on the eve of my birthday. I think I started it because that particular year had been one of the best years of my life (I still think that). That year I felt like I had been beat up in the best way possible. I walked through so much and fought through so much. I was exhausted when it was over but goodness it was a good year. I truly believe that that was the year I grew up.
30 has been equally as wonderful but for totally different reasons. 30 was easy. I feel like I walked straight through it without a blemish. For the first year in my life I can look back and remember many more joys than sorrows. I felt protected and cared for and loved more than any other years in my short memory.
I needed this year. I needed this rest. I needed the friends I’ve been given. I needed to just be 30. And I was. I was just simply that.
As I look forward to the next year I hope it isn’t as easy. I hope that I have a few bruises to show after it’s over because I believe that fighting for things, especially things you believe in, are worth it. I’m up for a good challenge this next year because I’ve had this wonderful year to rest up and be prepared for what is to come.
The Lord knew what I needed this year and He provided. He knows what I’ll need for next year and again, He will provide. So no matter what 31 brings I can rest in that and remember the serenity of this past year.

Comments