I Never Thought It Would Happen To Me ...

When someone faces a tragedy or trying circumstance most people say they never thought it would happen to them. Of all the people in the world there is just no way that this particular thing or that thing would ever happen to them ... and then it does and you’re stunned.

A few weeks ago someone I love dearly walked through this exact thing. We were given news that make our heart stop and our world start literally spinning in front of us. For a moment we were in panic mode and I didn’t know which way was up.

After the initial panic wears off all you can do is start to pray. This kind of praying is nothing like any you’ve ever done before. It’s more than the sweet little whispers you send up to God before you’re going to bed. No, these are the face flat on the floor, tears streaming down your face kind of prayers. These prayers might even be better classified as begging. At the point I was at ... the only thing I knew to do was to start to beg.

I (and many others) was begging for a miracle in the life of the person I was praying for. I was verbally begging God to remove the fear and the cause for the fear. I was begging for a miracle, but let’s be honest ... you also never think the miracle is going to happen to you. Maybe you think you don't deserve it ... or someone deserves it more ... either way you just don't think it'll happen to you.
It’s not lack of faith ... it isn’t. It’s just reality. Life is hard and sad things happen to really wonderful people. So although you’re praying for a miracle and believing and knowing that God can and will do anything He desires ... you still don’t think it will happen to you.


Then the day comes for the final words about the bad news. Is it or isn’t it what they thought it was? We’ve already planned for the worst ... what does the worst look like? Does life change from this point on?

And that’s when it actually happens. What you thought would never happen, does happen .... the miracle!

What they saw isn’t there anymore. No sign of anything. Everything looks the same as it always has. They aren’t sure what they saw before but it isn’t there anymore. Gone. Just like that.

Funny thing about this is that you knew your life would have been completely changed had the news been bad, but you never fathomed how different life would be once you received the miracle.

Everything is different from here on out. Your perspective is different. Your attitude is different. Your life is just different. Everything is different.

I am so thankful for this big miracle (and the little ones) the Lord does in my life each and every day. One thing I know for sure ... I’ll never be the same again.

Believe in the miracles of Jesus my friends ... they are being done all around us everyday!

Comments