I’ve been sitting here for 2 days (not literally) trying to
put into words how I feel about living in Nashville for 10 years.
Truth is, I can’t even begin to comprehend where the time has gone. I’ll never forget the day I moved. Mom and Dad drove me up here with all my stuff to move into an apartment with two girls I really didn’t know that well at all. I actually had only met them one time.
This could have been disaster, but it wasn’t. It was one of the greatest blessings of my life. Those two girls, Missy and Corrie, turned out to be two of my closest friends and they still are.
I could write about all the things I’ve learned since living here, but I already have. This blog is full of those stories and events. My journey has been documented and I’m thankful I took the time to do it.
So to all of you that have been a part of my journey here. Thank you. Everything in me is grateful for the lessons and love that you've shown me. Each of you have played a part in who I am and who I will be. You all have changed me for the better and I could weep with joy for this. In fact, sometimes I actually do. :)
So .... here's to 10 more years? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Truth is, I can’t even begin to comprehend where the time has gone. I’ll never forget the day I moved. Mom and Dad drove me up here with all my stuff to move into an apartment with two girls I really didn’t know that well at all. I actually had only met them one time.
This could have been disaster, but it wasn’t. It was one of the greatest blessings of my life. Those two girls, Missy and Corrie, turned out to be two of my closest friends and they still are.
I’ll also never forget how indescribably homesick I was for
the first few weeks I was here. Yes, there was something freeing about the
freedom of being in a town on my own but there was also something terrifying.
Did I make the right choice? Did I make this path for myself or was I actually
following the Lord’s plan?
No matter my motives, how I got here, or why ... my time here
has been nothing short of a complete and
wonderful blessing. It’s taken me this long to actually get of the nerve to
call it home, but I suppose after being somewhere for a whole decade it’s about
time to suck it up and do it.
I could write about all the things I’ve learned since living here, but I already have. This blog is full of those stories and events. My journey has been documented and I’m thankful I took the time to do it.
Will I be in Nashville another 10 years? I have no idea. Part of me hopes so but the better part of me just wants to be wherever the Lord wants me to be.
But I do know that no matter how long I’m here I’ll never forget the things I’ve learned and am continuing to learn. I’ll never forget the people who have changed me and been patient with me (so patient with me) and let me grow up at the rate I needed to. This wasn't an easy thing. They all deserve a great reward. :)
But I do know that no matter how long I’m here I’ll never forget the things I’ve learned and am continuing to learn. I’ll never forget the people who have changed me and been patient with me (so patient with me) and let me grow up at the rate I needed to. This wasn't an easy thing. They all deserve a great reward. :)
I’ll never be able to thank my parents enough for trusting
me to move away at 20 years old or for the money they have put into my life
here. I could cry my little heart out just thinking about it.
This all still feels so temporary. I still feel like that 20
year old girl so typing this out is actually a lot harder than I thought it
would be. So to all of you that have been a part of my journey here. Thank you. Everything in me is grateful for the lessons and love that you've shown me. Each of you have played a part in who I am and who I will be. You all have changed me for the better and I could weep with joy for this. In fact, sometimes I actually do. :)
So .... here's to 10 more years? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Comments
Post a Comment