I can’t believe people actually read my blog. It’s funny to
me that people I may not even know somehow stumble upon this little space where
I write out my feelings.
I’m thankful for the internet for this reason. It links us all together.
One of my readers (and friend) actually asked me the other day to be thinking about the topic of forgiveness. I LOVE the fact that she asked me to think about it and blog about it. And so I did think about it ... and this is me blogging about it.
Forgiveness is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself. That’s right ... yourself. I find that most of the time, I’m not always as angry with the person I think has done me wrong, as I am actually angry with myself. I typically beat myself up for even finding myself in a situation with someone that would even require forgiveness. But most of the things in my life that weigh down my heart are things that I was a part of as well. Yes, I can say I’ve forgiven the other person involved, but until I truly forgive myself for being entangled in anything having to do the with the situation I haven’t truly forgiven anything. Once I do ... it's the most wonderful feeling in the world!
I am aware that there are situations that require forgiveness that don’t have anything to do with you. This is where you have to pull out the big guns and forgive someone for something they have done to you that was hurtful. It happens. It happens to all of us. The way I look at it is like this, if I say I’ve forgiven someone but in my heart I still carry around the hurt, then I’m letting that person have control over me. They are out there walking around living life without a care in the world and I’m being brought down by them. They have won. It doesn’t matter what someone has done to you. What matters is how you react and how you choose to move forward. And move forward you should. Don’t let someone else have control over your heart. Once you finally let it go you will feel freedom you’ve never known before.
This is a tough topic. Everyone deals with it differently. I feel very lucky to be able to see the best in people and somehow forgive those who have hurt me easier than others, but forgiving myself is something I struggle with daily.
The only thing I can do is give it all over to the Lord, hands wide open, holding onto nothing. He will take control of my heart and feelings and remind me of the power in forgiveness ... forgiveness that He freely gives and that we should give as well.
And as far as sunrise is from sunset,
he has separated us from our sins.
I’m thankful for the internet for this reason. It links us all together.
One of my readers (and friend) actually asked me the other day to be thinking about the topic of forgiveness. I LOVE the fact that she asked me to think about it and blog about it. And so I did think about it ... and this is me blogging about it.
Forgiveness is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself. That’s right ... yourself. I find that most of the time, I’m not always as angry with the person I think has done me wrong, as I am actually angry with myself. I typically beat myself up for even finding myself in a situation with someone that would even require forgiveness. But most of the things in my life that weigh down my heart are things that I was a part of as well. Yes, I can say I’ve forgiven the other person involved, but until I truly forgive myself for being entangled in anything having to do the with the situation I haven’t truly forgiven anything. Once I do ... it's the most wonderful feeling in the world!
I am aware that there are situations that require forgiveness that don’t have anything to do with you. This is where you have to pull out the big guns and forgive someone for something they have done to you that was hurtful. It happens. It happens to all of us. The way I look at it is like this, if I say I’ve forgiven someone but in my heart I still carry around the hurt, then I’m letting that person have control over me. They are out there walking around living life without a care in the world and I’m being brought down by them. They have won. It doesn’t matter what someone has done to you. What matters is how you react and how you choose to move forward. And move forward you should. Don’t let someone else have control over your heart. Once you finally let it go you will feel freedom you’ve never known before.
This is a tough topic. Everyone deals with it differently. I feel very lucky to be able to see the best in people and somehow forgive those who have hurt me easier than others, but forgiving myself is something I struggle with daily.
The only thing I can do is give it all over to the Lord, hands wide open, holding onto nothing. He will take control of my heart and feelings and remind me of the power in forgiveness ... forgiveness that He freely gives and that we should give as well.
And as far as sunrise is from sunset,
he has separated us from our sins.
Psalm 103:12
Hi Krystal.
ReplyDeleteI got to know about you through Colton Dixon's twitter account.
I loved your post on forgiveness. I find wisdom in your words, and I'm thankful that you've written them and that I've found them. I don't believe in god, so I don't share the "religious approach", so to speak. But I love everything else and I found them in a perfect moment.
All the best,
Valeria