Unconditionally Lovely

I had a conversation the other day with a friend and we talked about unconditional love. Which is a hard thing to think about or talk about. It's something, I think, our society has given up on.

I feel like we are being conditioned to have hard hearts towards people. I think we're taught that we should always expect the worst from someone. If we do this then we are protecting ourselves so no one can ever let us down.

I say poo on that.

I believe we would be much happier people if we expected the best in people. Not everyone has bad motives or wants to hurt us. And if they let us down, they let us down. They are human just like us.

That's where we practice unconditional love.

This is the kind of love that knows no boundaries or distance. This is the kind of love that we want for ourselves from others ... yet we are very quick to not give it to others, ourselves.

Sometimes people do things that are hurtful. Often times they do these things out of insecurities and hurt hearts. Sometimes people haven't been taught how to love or care for people ... this becomes our opportunity to show them how it's done.

I believe the Lord has given us the authority to love just as He loves. It's our job to show this to the world ... and by the world I mean the people who we are afraid will hurt us, or have hurt us. Love them. Love them unconditionally. Show them what it all looks like.

Being unconditionally lovely to those around you makes a lot bigger difference than you think.

Comments