Someone Who Loves Jesus ...

For some reason, over the last few days, I’ve had some very in depth conversations about dating. I think the Spring and Summer bring the romance out in people or something. I don’t really sit around and talk about it all that much with my friends so when the conversations come up out of the blue I always enjoy seeing how my perspective has changed as the years have gone by and I love hearing other people’s ideas and thoughts about dating and getting married.

Most of the time people ask me the typical question, “Why are you single?” My gut reaction is to punch them in the face and run away and cry. Then I realize that that would be the worst thing I could ever do so I refrain, put on a smile and say, “Because the Lord hasn’t sent me my match yet.” And I feel satisfied and confident with that answer ... because it’s true. He hasn’t. I’m not saying I don’t know him, I’m just saying we haven’t been matched up yet in the romantical sense. And I’m ok with that.

A lot of people would consider me picky when it comes to men. Call me picky ... call me selective ... I just want a man who loves the Lord Jesus Christ with all of his heart. Height doesn’t matter, hair color or cut doesn’t matter, age doesn’t matter .... I just want someone who radiates the love of the Lord and encourages me every day to grow in my walk with Him.

I’ve waited a little while to meet the man of my dreams and I’ll keep on waiting. I wasn’t so patient about it at first but now I find peace and rest knowing that the Lord has it all worked out for me. My heart grows more and more capable of love each and every day which only betters me to be prepared when my Prince does come.

I want that final lasting relationship to be a ministry of what the Lord has done in and through our lives, together and apart. I pray for that daily and I believe, without a doubt, the Lord will provide.

I’m not sad I’m single. It doesn’t scare me. It doesn’t frustrate me. It doesn’t make me love myself less. If anything it makes me excited, confident, hopeful and joyful about all the Lord has waiting for me.

So ... if you find yourself in this same place. Take a minute to rejoice in the Lord and lift a prayer up for your future mate. I’m praying for mine .... and I know he’s praying for me too. 

---------------------------------------- 

Comments

  1. Thank you. You always seem to write what's on my heart...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment