It's 5:30am as I begin to write this. A lot of the people in this town I live in are just now going to bed. I'm wide awake and thankful to be so.
I've gotten into the habit of getting up around this time every morning to head to the gym and get a few things done before I start my work day (which isn't until 9:30 so I've got 4 good hours to kill here).
I love the early mornings. I think there is nothing more peaceful than the way the earth looks and smells first thing in the morning. It's easy for me to see and hear from the Lord in the earliest minutes of the day as the sun comes up over the Tennessee hills and all of His creation begins to sing of a new day. This joyful song touches my soul and I'm reminded how blessed I am to have another day to be His vesel here on this planet.
This morning as I opened my eyes I had this moment of elation for where my life has settled. I am so thankful for the peace that comes only from knowing that I'm right smack dab in the middle of where the Lord wants me to be. I am finding my footing in this world without being of this world and that, for me, is a major victory.
It's hard living in this world and not being enticed by all it has to offer. There are so many shiny things and things that feel good and look good and taste good. But true peace and happiness come from setting your eyes on the Father and walking hand in hand a long side Him and leaving the things of this world behind you.
I pray that today perhaps we can, as believers, take the next step at encouraging each other to shine. I met someone the other day that was perhaps the brightest light I have met in a good while. I walked away, after only just a few minutes, feeling like I could do anything. This is what a little bit of kindness, love, and encouragement can do.
So today, as you pray about the things you need to help you make it through another day, I pray too that you would think about what your brother or sister might need. Your best friend. You co-worker. Your mom or dad. You oldest friend or even your newest. The person you sit by every day. The new person you meet on an airplane. What has the Lord so perfectly planted inside of you that can be of use to them today?
When we help others see the best in them the possibilities of what impact it will make are unbelievable!
Love one another. Care for one another. Encourage one another.
I've gotten into the habit of getting up around this time every morning to head to the gym and get a few things done before I start my work day (which isn't until 9:30 so I've got 4 good hours to kill here).
I love the early mornings. I think there is nothing more peaceful than the way the earth looks and smells first thing in the morning. It's easy for me to see and hear from the Lord in the earliest minutes of the day as the sun comes up over the Tennessee hills and all of His creation begins to sing of a new day. This joyful song touches my soul and I'm reminded how blessed I am to have another day to be His vesel here on this planet.
This morning as I opened my eyes I had this moment of elation for where my life has settled. I am so thankful for the peace that comes only from knowing that I'm right smack dab in the middle of where the Lord wants me to be. I am finding my footing in this world without being of this world and that, for me, is a major victory.
It's hard living in this world and not being enticed by all it has to offer. There are so many shiny things and things that feel good and look good and taste good. But true peace and happiness come from setting your eyes on the Father and walking hand in hand a long side Him and leaving the things of this world behind you.
I pray that today perhaps we can, as believers, take the next step at encouraging each other to shine. I met someone the other day that was perhaps the brightest light I have met in a good while. I walked away, after only just a few minutes, feeling like I could do anything. This is what a little bit of kindness, love, and encouragement can do.
So today, as you pray about the things you need to help you make it through another day, I pray too that you would think about what your brother or sister might need. Your best friend. You co-worker. Your mom or dad. You oldest friend or even your newest. The person you sit by every day. The new person you meet on an airplane. What has the Lord so perfectly planted inside of you that can be of use to them today?
When we help others see the best in them the possibilities of what impact it will make are unbelievable!
Love one another. Care for one another. Encourage one another.
"It's hard living in this world and not being enticed by all it has to offer."
ReplyDeleteRan into your blog post tonight. If there is anything so true, it is what you have written above.
I'm a recent college grad who has been on the job hunt these past few weeks. I never thought looking for a job would pull you into making yourself of the world but I'm becoming more aware and therefore more cautious of where it leads.
So thank you for the encouragement and the challenge.
I pray that you continue to seek and press into God each morning and that you continue to be an encouragement to those around you.
With love,
Britt