An acquaintance of mine just wrote this on a social networking site:
"If more believers were as outward with their faith like [Tim] Tebow, he wouldn't look so crazy to the world."
And to that I give a big Baptist "Amen!" ... I think what he said there is what I've been trying to say about so many things lately but I've been coming up short with the right words (hence the lack of posts here lately).
And even from here I don't know what words to type. I want to say something meaningful and honest but I can't seem to type it all out. I can't seem to come up with the right words to match my feelings.
What I know is this, I don't have it all down pat. I don't act like I should, say what I should, think like I should, feel like I should at all the right times. I don't. I'm a mess. I've got issues that are deep. Real deep. I've got wounds that won't heal. I've got a life behind me that is often just too much to deal with. I've got a future ahead of me that I can't even see. It can get pretty scary.
BUT. Through all of that, my eyes are fixed on one thing, and one thing alone ... and that is glorifying the one and only Jesus Christ. I don't let my past or my future dictate my feelings for Him. I try my very hardest to be a light in this world for Him. Oh, I try so hard. I often come up so short ... but I try.
Today in church my pastor said something to this effect ... he said ... If it feels like the darkness seems to have taken over ... remember that it isn't the darkness that has won ... it is the light that has gone out. YOU are the light of the world. WE are the light of the world.
If a lightbulb goes out in your house you don't say, "Oh no! The darkness has killed another light bulb!" ... no ... you say, "A lightbulb just went out."
If the darkness seems to have taken over it is OUR fault. We have failed to do as we have been told to do. We have been specifically called to be the light of the world!
Matthew 5: 14-16 says:
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Do you want a change in this world? Do you want people to stop looking at Christians the way they do? Then make that change. Be the light. Don't leave it up to someone else. Follow the example people are being in this area and do it. In your home, in your marriage, with your kids, with your sister, with your best friend, with your worst enemy.
I beg of you ... oh I beg of you. Be the light. Let your light shine so they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
I'm ready to make a difference.
It's now or never.
Comments
Post a Comment