I’d like to think that I matter to someone.
I think that’s what I’ve struggled with the most in my 29 years. I’m not sure I believe that I matter to anyone.
I’ve tried to figure out what it is that has been such an obstacle in my life. I thought I wasn’t pretty enough, funny enough, or smart enough. I didn’t think I had the right job or the right laugh. And the truth is ... it isn’t any of those things.
It’s the feeling of being heard and cherished that is the real stronghold.
And so ... I begin my sessions with my favorite therapist again next week. I can’t wait! Now that I feel closer to knowing what it is that is holding me down ... I can get closer to being free. I can’t wait to finally fly with these wings I’ve been given!
Am I ashamed to tell the world of my struggles? Not even the slightest bit.
Because I want each of you to know that you matter to me. Whether you are my closest friend, an acquaintance, a co-worker or my family ... you matter. I hear what you are saying - ALWAYS. I cherish the smiles on your faces. I love hearing you laugh. I want to help you when you cry. I’d be sad if I didn’t know you. I pray for you when you are struggling and I rejoice with you when you have victories. I think about you when we are not together ...
Because ...
You matter to me.
I see you. I hear you. And I love you.
Truly.
You matter to someone. You matter to me.
I think that’s what I’ve struggled with the most in my 29 years. I’m not sure I believe that I matter to anyone.
I’ve tried to figure out what it is that has been such an obstacle in my life. I thought I wasn’t pretty enough, funny enough, or smart enough. I didn’t think I had the right job or the right laugh. And the truth is ... it isn’t any of those things.
It’s the feeling of being heard and cherished that is the real stronghold.
And so ... I begin my sessions with my favorite therapist again next week. I can’t wait! Now that I feel closer to knowing what it is that is holding me down ... I can get closer to being free. I can’t wait to finally fly with these wings I’ve been given!
Am I ashamed to tell the world of my struggles? Not even the slightest bit.
Because I want each of you to know that you matter to me. Whether you are my closest friend, an acquaintance, a co-worker or my family ... you matter. I hear what you are saying - ALWAYS. I cherish the smiles on your faces. I love hearing you laugh. I want to help you when you cry. I’d be sad if I didn’t know you. I pray for you when you are struggling and I rejoice with you when you have victories. I think about you when we are not together ...
Because ...
You matter to me.
I see you. I hear you. And I love you.
Truly.
You matter to someone. You matter to me.
You matter to ME!!!
ReplyDeleteand....your laugh is THE best!