I need to backtrack a little. I fear I have forgotten what it was like to actually blog about things that are interesting and not just my silly feelings.
Feelings ... nothing more than feelings ...
So let's hop in our time machine and go back a few weeks.
I heard that Steve Martin was coming to town with his banjo tour and I almost flipped out.
Flipped.
I HAD to go because I am obsessed with him. Healthfully. If I were to marry someone 27 years older than me ... it would be him!
But wouldn't you know Steve is one of the few people my company doesn't actually book so ... I thought I was going to have to buy a ticket ... and when you are used to not buying tickets actually buying them feels painful.
Then I got an email about the possibilty of being able to go through our company and I flipped again. Flipped.
I requested 2 tickets. Got the tickets. Called a friend who is mutually (healthfully) obsessed with Steve and we set off for the show. Mind you, I had NO idea where the tickets would be. The options were endless so I was crossing my fingers that they weren't way back in the grass.
We got there. I got the tickets at will call. And then I said, "Shut up!" I handed the tickets to my friend and we realized we were on the 7th row dead center. We both flipped.
Flipped.
Feelings ... nothing more than feelings ...
So let's hop in our time machine and go back a few weeks.
I heard that Steve Martin was coming to town with his banjo tour and I almost flipped out.
Flipped.
I HAD to go because I am obsessed with him. Healthfully. If I were to marry someone 27 years older than me ... it would be him!
But wouldn't you know Steve is one of the few people my company doesn't actually book so ... I thought I was going to have to buy a ticket ... and when you are used to not buying tickets actually buying them feels painful.
Then I got an email about the possibilty of being able to go through our company and I flipped again. Flipped.
I requested 2 tickets. Got the tickets. Called a friend who is mutually (healthfully) obsessed with Steve and we set off for the show. Mind you, I had NO idea where the tickets would be. The options were endless so I was crossing my fingers that they weren't way back in the grass.
We got there. I got the tickets at will call. And then I said, "Shut up!" I handed the tickets to my friend and we realized we were on the 7th row dead center. We both flipped.
Flipped.
And there he is ladies and gentlemen. Mr. Steve Martin. He is simply glowing in this photo. Don't you think? I like to think it is his glowing personality shining through ... really I just couldn't get a good photo due to the lights.
We sat speechless throughout the entire show. Seriously I don't know that we said one word to each other other than, "When do you think would be a good time for me to get up and go to the bathroom?"
We were just in awe of his talent and his wit. In awe of the fact that we only saw one cicada the whole night and it was 59 degrees. Totally awe struck.
It was probably one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. No bells and whistles. Just Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers doing what they do best ... playing music and telling jokes. I'll remember it forever. And ever.
Amen.
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
Steve Martin
Comments
Post a Comment