So after my first niece was born and could talk, she started calling my Aunt Jayne, Scooterbunky. I have no idea why or how but she did and so now we like to refer to Jayne as Scooterbunky.
I quite like it.
I think the first time I ever had this pizza was with Scooterbunky. Or she made it and we ate it somewhere. Or she made it and told mom how good it was and then mom made it. I'm not sure. Or maybe she doesn't have anything to do with it and I just associate her with this delicious pizza. Either way ... it really crazy good and even easier to make.
So here we go.
You'll need:
1 packet of buttermilk biscuit mix. You can buy the generic kind and it costs somewhere around $.99.
1 jar of pizza sauce
1 block of cheddar cheese - Pick your poison ... sharp, extra sharp, mild ... whatever floats your boat.
1 small can of black sliced olives - or whatever topping you like.
1lb of ground beef - again whatever topping you like.
First you'll want to brown your meat. And drain all the fat off. You can do this days before or right before. It's up to you.
At some point you'll also need to grate your cheese. Always use fresh blocks of cheese for cooking ... it melts much better. But if you're really pressed for time then a bag will do. But a block is better.
Next you'll want to mix up your biscuit mix with water. All it takes is water.
Once your dough is made up you'll want to press it out onto a greased 10x13 (or so) cookie sheet. Put a little flower on your fingers to help with the stickiness. Make sure you have a bit of a "lip" on your dough so there is an edge around the pizza.
After your dough has been pressed out add a little extra oregano to your jar of pizza sauce for a little extra flavor (you were right, Mom). Stir it up and then spread a thin layer of sauce on to the dough. Use as much or as little as you like. You probably won't use the whole jar. Stick the rest in the fridge for the next time.
Next put your meat on. Then your olives and then your cheese. Or whatever toppings you have decided on.
Put this pretty little pizza in the oven at 350 for around 15 - 20 minutes. You'll want the cheese to be melted and the edges of the dough to be light brown.
After it's cooked take it out and let it sit for a just a minute to firm up.
Slice it into 8 perfect rectangles and eat all of them in one sitting.
Just kidding.
Or not.
Seriously though, this is the most delicious thing I've made in a long time. The biscut crust is perfect! It's what makes the whole thing.
It will be a little more delicate than your typical pizza. So just take note of that.
There are a million things you can do to this to make it delicious. It's just up to you. If you try this let me know what toppings you use. I'd love some good ideas!
I think at some point I'm going to make this a breakfast pizza with sausage and cheese.
Yum! Yum! Yum!
Thanks Scooterbunky .... or whoever.
I quite like it.
I think the first time I ever had this pizza was with Scooterbunky. Or she made it and we ate it somewhere. Or she made it and told mom how good it was and then mom made it. I'm not sure. Or maybe she doesn't have anything to do with it and I just associate her with this delicious pizza. Either way ... it really crazy good and even easier to make.
So here we go.
You'll need:
1 packet of buttermilk biscuit mix. You can buy the generic kind and it costs somewhere around $.99.
1 jar of pizza sauce
1 block of cheddar cheese - Pick your poison ... sharp, extra sharp, mild ... whatever floats your boat.
1 small can of black sliced olives - or whatever topping you like.
1lb of ground beef - again whatever topping you like.
First you'll want to brown your meat. And drain all the fat off. You can do this days before or right before. It's up to you.
At some point you'll also need to grate your cheese. Always use fresh blocks of cheese for cooking ... it melts much better. But if you're really pressed for time then a bag will do. But a block is better.
Next you'll want to mix up your biscuit mix with water. All it takes is water.
Once your dough is made up you'll want to press it out onto a greased 10x13 (or so) cookie sheet. Put a little flower on your fingers to help with the stickiness. Make sure you have a bit of a "lip" on your dough so there is an edge around the pizza.
After your dough has been pressed out add a little extra oregano to your jar of pizza sauce for a little extra flavor (you were right, Mom). Stir it up and then spread a thin layer of sauce on to the dough. Use as much or as little as you like. You probably won't use the whole jar. Stick the rest in the fridge for the next time.
Next put your meat on. Then your olives and then your cheese. Or whatever toppings you have decided on.
Put this pretty little pizza in the oven at 350 for around 15 - 20 minutes. You'll want the cheese to be melted and the edges of the dough to be light brown.
After it's cooked take it out and let it sit for a just a minute to firm up.
Slice it into 8 perfect rectangles and eat all of them in one sitting.
Just kidding.
Or not.
Seriously though, this is the most delicious thing I've made in a long time. The biscut crust is perfect! It's what makes the whole thing.
It will be a little more delicate than your typical pizza. So just take note of that.
There are a million things you can do to this to make it delicious. It's just up to you. If you try this let me know what toppings you use. I'd love some good ideas!
I think at some point I'm going to make this a breakfast pizza with sausage and cheese.
Yum! Yum! Yum!
Thanks Scooterbunky .... or whoever.
guuuuurl.....you are making me HUNGRY! that looks awesome....
ReplyDelete