Florida Vacation

Friday I had lunch with my friend Jennifer. We had talked about going on a vacation to somewhere warm at some point in February, but February slowly filled up at work for me and I would not be able to leave for that month for any significant amount of time. So, at lunch on Friday we decided to leave the next morning to drive to Naples, Florida. She used to live there to we thought that would be a great idea. We thought on our way down we could stop in Orlando and go to Disney World. My friend Merry Love can get us into the parks for free so that was the plan. And believe it or not, it has come to fruition. I'll blog about my trip as much as I can while we are here.

Day 1 (Saturday, January 26)

I picked Jennifer up at about 10:30 and we headed towards Orlando. The trip went well. It wasn't as bad as you would think. 10 hours went by pretty quickly. The last couple of hours were the worst but we made it. Checked into our hotel (which we got for only $60 a night) and we went to sleep. We were SO tired.

In the middle of the night. I got up to go to the bathroom and all but broke my toe on my suitcase. Not kidding. It is now black and blue. yuck.

Day 2 (Sunday, January 27)

We got up and went to Merry Love's apartment to drive to Magic Kingdom together. I was SO excited about our day at the park. I will be 26 in just a couple of weeks and I have NEVER been to Disney World. So you can imagine how excited I was. I didn't know what to expect but it ended up being GREAT. We only went to Magic Kingdom. There wasn't time for anything else, but next time I'll go to the other parks. We rode all the good rides and were never waiting in line. We even got to be in the front of a lot of cars on the rides. It was really really fun! The Lord has really been looking out for us on this trip and so far it's been really fun!

We can home from the park and rested a little and then got ready to go to dinner. We got to go to a place where a friend of Jennifer's used to be the manager. It was called Seasons 52. Part of our meal was on the house we had to pay for a little bit but not too much. It was great food and a good atmosphere.

Now I am trying to send pictures of Cinderella to Eliza Kate. She was so excited that I was going to Cinderella's House!

Tomorrow we are going to get up early and get down to Naples by 11 to check into our condo. I can't wait for the beach!!!

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.
Good night!!!!

Comments

  1. yay for a fun adventure! i got to hang out with eliza kate yesterday at bailey's birthday party...she told us you were at cinderella's house and she was TOO cute!

    we all started singing happy birthday and she sang along...then she squealed..."YAY! Birthday Cake!!!"

    Can't wait to see your pics! I wish I was at the beach!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment