Coconuts and the Y

I think we all know that I like John Mayer very much, but did you also know that I like coconut almost as much? You probably were not aware of that, but the truth of the matter is that I do like it. Coconut cake is one of my favorites and the other night I had coconut ice cream. Delicious.

Whenever I think about coconut I think about a quote that John Mayer said one time (this is where the connection between John Mayer and coconut comes in. I know you were wondering about what they had to do with one another). He was quoted as saying:

"I love coconut, because when you think you're done eating coconut, 25 minutes later, a little piece of coconut comes out of the back of your mouth, and then you say, "Hey! It's more coconut!" I think any food with that kind of determination needs a little respect."

Brilliant and so very true. You should notice it next time you induldge in a Mounds or Almond Joy!

On to other things ....

I worked out at a new gym for the first time today. I went to the YMCA in Brentwood. It was very nice and from the outside didn't look very much like a gym. The workout machines were fantastic because each one had its very own TV screen. I caught up on my entertainment news and a little bit of Good Morning America. 20 minutes went by very quickly.

I showered there in order to come straight to work after the workout. I was amazing at how many people don't care how much you see of them. I was brought up in a very modest home. I consider myself to be one of the most modest people I know, so to see people walking around in nothing but their birthday suit was a littls shocking, but it made me feel a little better about my own body. I guarantee you I will not be joining these ladies by only wearing my birthday suit! GUARANTEE!

Comments

  1. i'm pretty sure i've been to that exact gym...shannon is from brentwood, so i'm somewhat familiar with that area...i LOOOOVE it.

    i like coconuts too. they make me want to be at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't love coconut and hate to work out.

    good thing we have other things in common.

    ReplyDelete
  3. naked in the locker room? why not Krystal??? hahahaha. Remember the days of 7th grade basketball in the locker room where everyone stared straight ahead and shimmied out of their clothes while basically showing as little skin as possible? Mastering the art of putting on your sports bra over your bra, THEN unsnapping your regular bra was KEY.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment